Thursday, December 10, 2009

The GOOD Physiotherapist

TODAY! December 10th 2009

I went to see Michael the physiotherapist.
He started off Asking me about my lisfranc. and actually KNEW about lisfranc fractures.... I was impressed with him before he even started to touch my foot.

He spent 45 minutes helping me stretch my foot in all the different ways that it has not streched in the last 3 months.
We tested both feet to see how far I can have my toe away from the wall .. then bend my knee to touch the wall.
Today.. my bad foot is wayyy far off. I cant even touch the wall with my knee even when my toe is TOUCHING the wall!!! But we'll get there.

He has some exercises for me to do at home..
First of all.. roll a golf ball under my foot between my heel and the ball of my foot in that arch..
Spell the alphabet with big letters using my foot.
Grab a towel and scrunch it up along the floor using my toes.
And go swimming... stand at neck depth water.. try to rise up on my toes.. then move up a foot so the water is to my shoulders.. do the same.. Each week I should be able to go a little bit further out of the water.. :)

I'm pretty excited to be getting a move on with this injury. My goal is to be walking by Newyears without the boot.. without the crutches and no limp.

No comments:

Post a Comment