Tuesday, December 22, 2009

BOOT FREE!!

Saturday December 19th
...I gave up my cast ... kinda like a person would give up smoking.. I didn't want to be dependant on it anymore..

Instead of the cast.. i wore a DC Skate shoe... and instead of having a swollen foot.. i had a CANKLE... ew.

Saw Mike after working 6 hours on my feet... He explained that my swollen foot is going to keep happening...
I've been with my foot UP for 3 months.. up = the blood rushes away ..
Once you put your foot DOWN.. the blood all collects down there.. especially since my calf has hardly been used... its not strong enough to pump the blood back up to the rest of my body.. so a sexy cankle its going to be.. at least for a bit.

My foot is still sore every morning... very stiff..
I love putting my foot in a hot water bucket.. doing my exercises.. Im actually getting to be a bit more flexible now. YAY.. finally.
I still cant complete a full step using my whole foot.. more like a half step then a limp...
All i need is a little bit of time..
I can actually rise up on my toes now (with 50% weight bearing)
It still feels very akward in the middle of my foot where i fractured it..

Each night its hard to fall asleep.. Since my feet ( both of them) are aching and throbbing... especially the broken foot...
I often find my heel is itchy too... itching usually means healing though right?

No comments:

Post a Comment